We all have those "Doh" moments when we realise we've done something really stupid. I was thinking about the little stupid things I've done in bed the other night, I don't know what my other half thought - I was giggling away in bed while he was in the living room... lol! Anyway, I thought I'd share those silly things I've done with you while I have my morning coffee.
A few weeks ago I walked into the spare bedroom, right up to the bed so that I could put something down onto the bed. Guess what I had left on the floor, by the bed? A candle holder. Doesn't sound too bad does it? Thing was, it wasn't just a bog standard tea light holder - it was a pillar candle holder with a SPIKE in the middle. The spike went straight into my heel, I squealed, pulled it out and called for my other half who said there was only a tiny bit of blood but he would call 999 if I wanted him to while smirking at me. Sod. I'm not quite sure which part was more stupid - leaving the holder on the floor or paying so little attention I stood on it. The candle holder, a long with others like it, went straight in the bin that night.
I cant remember if this was just before the candle holder incident or just after but I was in the kitchen, coring an apple with a gigantic knife. Did I cut a finger? No, I cut my belly. I stabbed myself in my belly coring an apple. 'nuff said.
Here's a non self harm one - the other night I was sat with my other half while doing a crossword (my current obsession), the clue was something a long the lines of "a joint in the arm", I promptly said, "Well, it cant be elbow unless elbow is spelt with a w at the end, unless "Swimmer" is wrong". My other half turned to me with a strange look on his face and said, "But it does end in a w....". Oh. Oops. I knew that elbow was spelt with a w but for some reason that bit of information had slipped out of my brain when I was doing the crossword. >.<
Many years ago, when I was still living with my mum I made some rice (it was for the dog who had an upset tummy, bland food settled her tum). Or at least I attempted to make some rice - I put the rice in the saucepan and put that onto the hob. Forgetting the water completely. After a while I realise what I had done, picked up the pan and put it straight onto the worktop. The hot pan on the cheap worktop. Result? Melted hole in the worktop.
Did I learn from that mistake? Na...
Couple of years ago I was cooking potatoes to mash - I remembered the water this time but forgot to keep an eye on them. They ran dry, I panicked, grabbed a chopping board and put the hot pan on that. The chopping board was plastic. We now have a lovely while chopping board with a large melted ring shape in the middle. At least I didn't melt the worktop!
Well, I think that's enough of my silliness for one day, I've finished my coffee and should get some housework done! I hope you're all having a wonderful week!