Friday, November 4

Trying my hand at Embroidery

Mum gave me a few copies of Mollie Makes - my favourite crafting magazine - and I instantly fell in love with the "Lovely Ladies" embroidery projects. I'd never done embroidery before, plenty of cross stitch but that was always on Aida and what have you. I gave one of the ladies a go and oh my, I'm so pleased with her! My other half loves her as well!


I started another one last night, from the same series, I'll be finishing her later. Including making her right eye bigger, looks like she's squinting at the moment -


I don't have any linen at the moment so I've stitched them calico (the only plain fabric I have it seems!) and plan to make the second one into key ring.

I've definitely fallen in love with embroidery and will be going through all my crafting books and magazines to find some more projects!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Charlotte - I really like your second one in particular :) I remember learning to embroider when I was a little girl but haven't done it in years. Maybe it's something to take up over the winter though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first one! Very cute. I like this sort of embroidery. I haven't done any in years though I have been thinking of doing little projects like this. As a kid in school we took a coloring book page and traced it onto fabric then embroidered that. I liked that because I could do a horse :). I have never gotten the hang of french knots though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for craftiness! These are so cute. I can't sew to save my life, so I really appreciate the work people put in for even the simplest mending job.

    ReplyDelete